The recent death of the Olu of Warri, HRM Ogiame Ikenwoli, was annouced officially in Itsekiri Kingdom and now a new Olu of Warri has been chosen. His name is Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko, and he is said to be the son of Prince Godwin Toritseju Emiko, the late Ogiame Ikenwoli Atuwatse 11.
The new Olu of Warri Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko, will be the 21st olu to be crowned after a 90-day seclusion period in which he would be taught on the Itsekiri culture, customs and kingship protocols.
According to The Guardian,here are five things you will like to know about the newly appointed Olu of Warri.
- Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko was born in Warri, Delta State, on April 2,1984, to Prince Godwin Emiko and Gladys Emiko.
- Between 1995 and 2001, he attended Nigerian Nationsla Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Primary School and Adesoye College in Offa, Kwara State.
- 2002 & 2006, the new appointed Olu of Warri attende Case Western Reserve University in Clevelan, Ohio, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Political Science with minors in History and Economics.
- Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko Obtained a Masters in Sciene degree in Management from Case Western Reserve University in 2007 before he returned to Nigeria for his NYSC in 2008.
- He got married to Ivie Okunbo, the daughter of billionaire Capt. Idahosa Okunbor in 2014 and the Union is blessed with Children.
Photo Credit: Tsola Emiko Igazmaduk Ivie Emiko
Follow Sisilizzzy on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/Sisilizzzy