10 Ways to Overcome Personal Struggles Life Throws at You
This life is full of ups and downs. One day, you may feel like you have it all figured out. Then, in another moment, you’ve been thrown a curve ball. Trust me, you’re not alone in these feelings. Everyone has to face their own set of challenges. Learning how to overcome personal struggles will help you stay centered and remain calm under pressure.
Everyone has their own preferences for how to face a challenge in life. However, there are a few good tips and tricks to follow when the going gets tough. Take your pick from the following list!
10 Ways to Overcome Personal Struggles in Life:
- Feel Your Feeling: It’s very alright to have struggles, life isn’t a bed of roses. Don’t always expect that it’s going to go all smooth every time. By masking your feelings, they are not going to go away. Rather, feelings become trapped energy and can even have negative health consequences when they are ignored. Take some time to feel what you feel. This could come in the form of meditation. Or, if you’d rather write down what you feel, writing can be a therapeutic and cathartic experience.
- Make a Plan: While you don’t know what is going to happen in the future, you can always plan ahead. Look at the patterns in your life and see what challenges you’ve struggled with. Assess the optimal outcomes and make a plan for how you can achieve them. If you work somewhere and can anticipate the types of challenges you may face, then you can plan ahead.
- Know Other Struggles: Every person in this world has their low points. Some may handle or even hide it better than others. But the truth is, whatever you are going through, there are others who have been through it too. You’re not alone. Try to reach out to your community and network. Speak your feelings and express your concerns in all settings of your life.
- Ask For Help: Before you start thinking nobody will help you, ASK! Yes, it’s okay to get a NO, but You’re not alone, so you can find help. There’s no need to feel ashamed for asking for help. Whether you choose to rely on a loved one, a stranger, a mentor, or a friend, there are people who want to help you succeed. Personal struggles can be very challenging and sometimes you get carried away with judging what others will think. But one thing I’ve learned is ASK, even if it’s NO you get it from them don’t let that discourage you.
Asking for help is only one side of the coin. On the other side of the coin, you have to be open and willing to accept support. People who come to your aid truly do care about you. Be open to receiving help when you need it and don’t let your personal struggles win.
The old adage goes, “What you give is what you get.” If you’ve been through a situation or have advice for someone you know who is going through a tough time, be sure to help out! Helping others not only benefits them, but it can also help you feel happier yourself.
- Think Big: It can be easy to let yourself think small because of the fear of failure, or even the fear of making a decision. But, to accomplish great things in life, you have to be open to taking risks. With whatever challenges may arise, always think and dream big. That way, you will achieve more than you could have ever imagined. Try not to let your thoughts get in your own way.
- Positive Mindset: What you think becomes your reality. Train your mind to think positively. This will take both time and practice. It begins with mental awareness. You can practice awareness through mindfulness techniques and meditation. When you get good at acknowledging your thoughts and letting them pass, you can stop negative thoughts in their tracks.
- Don’t Give Up: When you face personal struggles, be it a big test in school or an upcoming running race, don’t give up! Persistence is a huge key to overcoming challenges. Giving up means that you will neither overcome the challenge nor learn from it. Power through challenges by asking for support, feeling your feelings, and making a plan to work through it.
- Work Smart, Not Hard: Generally, there is more than one way to get something done. However, there’s always just one optimal way or best way of doing it. To work smarter rather than harder, start by working backward. Outline and define your goal. Then, plan the process for how to get there. Perform research to see how others who have come before you have done it. Take count of your own skills and ideas for how you may be able to do it better. Then, stick to your path and get to work!
You can also watch the video on my Youtube
Learning how to deal with personal struggles takes time, persistence, and a positive attitude. No matter your life situation, the hard times will happen. But, with the right mindset and practice, you will be able to overcome them every time and grow in the process!